12-Nights Cuba: Across the Island: People to People
Cuba: Across the Island: People to People
Traverse the island of Cuba on a comprehensive program, engaging with people from different walks of life for an unforgettable look at a nation once again opening its doors to the U.S.
- Explore the island of Cuba from east to west on a comprehensive itinerary filled with people-to-people educational exchanges
- Ride a boat to Cayo Granma to meet with local fishermen and children, discussing the children of the Dreams and Fantasies Project, which creates art from objects that have washed ashore
- Try your hand at making traditional tinajones (earthenware pots) at Casanova Pottery Studio in Camaguey, learning about the precision and skill required to create these pieces
- Discover Cuba's and America's great shared passion, baseball, at a game where you meet and engage with the players, and even have the opportunity to play a few innings with them
- Engage in a stimulating discussion of the history of U.S.-Cuba relations with a Cuba policy expert in Havana
- Watch as students at the Vicentina de la Torre art school learn to perfect their skills and prepare for auditions
- 33 meals, with 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 10 dinners
12 nights from $9795 per person
Supplier: Abercrombie & Kent
A great climate which makes it a great vacation spot all year round, exciting attractions, professional sports teams, art, history, museums, and all of the nature parks and education you could ask for. Miami has many local activities & attractions, including Coconut Grove, Miami Beach, and South Beach. Amusement parks, deep-sea fishing, boat rides, sightseeing, fine dining, professional football, dolphin watching, marine museums. A visitor can spend hours, days, or weeks entertaining themselves and family without having to travel more than a few minutes in any direction. Nighttime entertainment includes: music and dance clubs with music ranging from smooth sounding jazz to lively disco, comedy clubs, concerts, theater, opera, symphony and movies. Virtually no one comes to Miami without taking a stroll along the Beach.
No information currently available.
Santiago de Cuba
No information currently available.
Settled by the indigenous Taino people of the Caribbean, and founded by the French, this city is the Caribbean's little Paris dubbed "The Pearl of the South," the center of sugar, coffee, and tobacco trade. Now a nautical city, Cienfuegos is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Camaguey is an eclectic and beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site in Cuba, first settled in 1528 by Spaniards and used for cattle breeding and the sugar industry. Now known for famous artists of the city, enjoy the many art galleries, museums, cinemas, theaters, and restaurants of this historic city.
The fourth largest city in Cuba, Holguin was founded as San Isidoro de Holguin in 1545 and named after its founder Captain Garcia Holguin, a Spanish military officer. Among the plethora of fauna, Holguin has spectacular beaches including the enclaves of Playa Esmeralda, Playa Pesquero and Guardalavaca. Visitors will be surrounded by white sand, warm waters, abundant marine life, and untouched reefs worth exploring!
Valid Travel Dates
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Kathleen Stahl Travel Services
529 36th Street
Des Moines, IA 50312
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.