8-Nights Vietnam & Cambodia, featuring Cruising the Mekong (Preferred) - Private Journey
Begin your journey with a guided discovery of the incredible temples and sanctuaries built by the architects of the Khmer Empire in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor. Then travel south to the banks of the Mekong River where you set sail on an unforgettable cruise to the Mekong Delta in Vietnam. End your travels in the effervescent metropolis of Ho Chi Minh City, which is home to fascinating museums, beautiful pagodas and bustling markets.
8 nights from $3595 per person
Supplier: Cox & Kings, The Americas
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) is often referred to as Vietnam’s jewel and the Pearl of the Orient. Located in south Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City is the country’s largest city, with more than six million people and over one million motorbikes. Under the current regime the city is once more being rebuilt. Whole blocks are disappearing, being replaced by concrete, steel and glass structures. Central Saigon, which is still the official name for the city center, shows evidence of the French colonial city, with wide, tree-lined boulevards, sidewalk cafés and elegant French architecture. The city is divided into two sections: Saigon, the municipal and historical district, and Cholon (Chinatown), where the entrepreneurial talent and private funds are concentrated. Cholon appears to be the most populated and in general the most vigorous part of Ho Chi Minh City. It is well worth a visit for its bustle and activity and its pagodas, which are reputed to be the finest in the whole city.
The small provincial capital of Siem Reap stretches along the Siem Reap river – surrounded by rice paddies and serving as the gateway to centuries-old temple ruins of the Khmer Empire. Designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Angkor Archaeological Park contains numerous temple ruins including Bayon, Banteay Srey and legendary Angkor Wat. Those visiting the site stay in Siem Reap. Experience some local flavor, attend a dance performance, or shop in some local craft shops. Angkor Wat’s artistic and archaeological significance rivals the Pyramids in Egypt, Machu Picchu in Peru and the Taj Mahal in India. Unspoiled by over-development, many areas of the area are possible to explore away from crowds. Its three-tiered massive pyramid is crowned by five beehive-like towers on the ground. It is the centerpiece of any visit to temples in Angkor. This amazing structure is thought to be dedicated to the Hindu god, Vishnu.
The Mekong River in southeastern Asia is the longest river in the region, running from its source in China, near the Tibetan border to the South China Sea, nearly 2,610 miles. It acts as a border between Myanmar and Laos and between Laos and Thailand. It also flows across Cambodia and southern Vietnam before empting into the sea. The river is generally navigable in Laos on. The basin of the river serves as an important agricultural area and irrigates the many rice paddies throughout its course. Over 60 million people depend on the river and its tributaries for food, water and transportation. Known as the Mother of Waters, it supports one of the world’s most diverse fisheries, second only to the Amazon River.
Relax and enjoy your day as you cruise along the river and take in the magnificent scenery.
Valid Travel Dates
- Accommodation as noted in itinerary
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B=Breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Dinner)
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers to and from your hotel
- All planning, handling and operational charges
- Privately guided sightseeing in air-conditioned vehicle (exceptions may apply)
- Services of Professional English-Speaking Guide(s) and/or Tour Escort as detailed in your itinerary
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
- Baggage handling, 2 pieces per person unless otherwise noted (Please note that any additional luggage may require modification in vehicle size)
- Other inclusions as noted in your itinerary
- Explore the hidden wonders of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor
- Visit a traditional floating village on Tonle Sap Lake
- Tour the cultural landmarks of Phnom Penh and see the incredible collection of Khmer sculpture in the National Museum
- Cruise the Mekong on the beautiful Heritage Line The Jahan
- Tour the colorful floating market of Cai Be in the Mekong Delta
- Discover the highlights of Ho Chi Minh City, including the former presidential palace and the vibrant neighborhood of Cholon
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Kathleen Stahl Travel Services
529 36th Street
Des Moines, IA 50312
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.